Search CarGuide.PH

Tuesday, October 31, 2023

There Are Now Over 700 Land Rover Defenders In The Philippines

Land Rover Philippines managed to sell its 700th Defender just two years after its market launch. It marked its 200th sales milestone in October 2021 and 400th in December 2022.

For more than 75 years, the Land Rover Defender single-handedly defines the go-anywhere, can-do spirit. The Defender DNA has always been tough, versatile, durable, and capable.

Across seven decades of pioneering innovation, the Land Rover Defender has earned a unique place in the hearts of explorers and adventurous families across the world. Proven in the harshest environments of the world, the Defender has always been the 4x4 vehicle of choice due to its breadth of capability throughout the years.

In celebration of this milestone, IC Land Automotive, the exclusive distributor of Land Rover in the Philippines, held a three-day experiential event that highlights the capabilities of the Defender in its “natural habitat.”

Not only was the new Defender 110 Plug-In Hybrid (PHEV) on display, but the event also had a unique product immersion experience with the Defender 90 and Defender 110. The experience had two parts: The Technical Area and The Playground.

The Technical Area had a complex and demanding driving course which required strict guidance from Land Rover Certified Lead Instructors. Meanwhile, the Playground was an area where Defender owners freely drove their own vehicles and experienced the capabilities of the Defender over a variety of obstacles. Both areas had eight challenges which proved that the Defender is the most capable Land Rover ever built.

“Filipinos, without a doubt, are such big fans of the Defender. This event is a great way to celebrate the ongoing success of the Defender here in the Philippines. We are truly delighted to see everyone come together and celebrate all things Defender. The new Defender has really proven that it is the most capable Land Rover ever built,” said Chris Ward, Vice President of IC Land Automotive Inc.


  1. but only 10% actually make it on the road, the other 90% are at the dealership for repairs

  2. Wealthy people are buying it
    Its actually reliable at least when not used that much
    Lots of available 2nd hand units of it now.


Feel free to comment or share your views. Comments that are derogatory and/or spam will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to moderate and/or remove comments.